Monday, September 28, 2009

broke college kids and a-holes are a crappy combo

so i am totally loving school. i am totally not loving the impact that school has on my ability to make lots of money. or any money, really. i am loving being a college kid. i am hating being a broke college kid.

found out that taking my old bartending job back will result in me basically losing my new serving/bartending job. i really need/want both jobs. but since right now i am all about instant gratification and not having my electricity shut off or car repo'ed...i'm gonna have to choose the old bar job since it is bartending and way more money.

i sort of understand where the new serving/bartending job guys are coming from...my schedule is already limited because of my classes, and they don't want to work with me on all the requests off i'd have to make to accommodate the old gig...but still...they hired me as a bartender and have me serving almost every shift. i do not make even half of what i was told i'd average per week there either. despite both of these things, i never bitch and complain, i'm always on time and always do a bang-up job. guess none of that matters if you go out and get another bar job though. pretty crappy, i think.

this weekend was both awesome (sugarland concert at old job...made good $) and complete shit (made $35 sunday night at new job and had a $34 walk-out...made $1), so i am feeling pretty frustrated right now. that, coupled with the fact that cabot high school has still not sent my transcript to school and my student loans are still not completed, has made this whole week stress my broke ass out!

now i must go learn everything i can about the totalitarian state and the rise and fall of stalin's USSR for an essay test on wednesday.

please remember...if you happen to find some extra money lying around that you don't need...send it to meeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment