Saturday, August 1, 2009

killin' time....i have way too much right now anyway!

well...today i spent a majority of my time searching for a job...of course. went to a really cool bar called rick's on the river and had a very promising on-the-spot interview with a manager, and have a 2nd interview with the owner on monday. the manager implied that i'd be considered for a serving position and i should hear something back in the next week or two.

then he looked at my application, saw that i'd been managing and bartending at andreychuk's for three years, and that i'd totally name-dropped on my references (knowing we had the same beer rep, james, and that they love him there), so he interviewed me right then. during the interview, i really sold myself as a bartender and explained how i was going to be going back to school. he gave me the bartender test and apparently i did a bang-up job. he said to come in and meet the owner on monday.

sweet! if i can bartend there i will definitely be able to go to school. i'm pretty pumped...hope it works out. i'm super broke!!!

well, i'd better start getting ready for wazoo. ryan and nashira invited us to go with them to lowry park zoo's biggest annual fundraiser tonight. hopefully my hair doesn't look bad...i cut it myself today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment